[Bristol-Birds] Re: a few nice birds at Hampton Creek Cove, TN

  • From: John Whinery <fall.branch.tn.bird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 16:27:31 -0400

Jim Anderson and I were at Hampton Creek Cove too Sunday morning from about 8:30 till noon and later birded up to Butterfly Hill. He has a complete list but my highlights included both Alder and Least Flycatcher, Golden-winged Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Chestnut-sided Warbler, White-eyed Vireo, several American Redstart. 80% sure we saw an immature Bald Eagle. We heard from a couple other birders that a guy and gal (must have been Sheri & John) had found a Black-billed Cuckoo but we could not find it as we hiked down. Then near Butterfly Hill a male and female Red-breasted Grosbeak and a Veery.

John Whinery
Fall Branch, Tn
Greene County

On 5/19/2014 12:27 PM, Wallace Coffey wrote:

Sheri Hiter and John Kelly birded at Hampton Creek Cove State

Natural Area near the village of Roan Mountain in Carter Co.,

TN, for a couple of hours late Sunday morning, 18 May 2014:

Golden-winged Warbler 2

Black-billed Cuckoo 1

Least Flycatcher 1