[Bristol-Birds] a few birds this week

  • From: dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:41:51 -0400

THU 13 APR 2006
     Dry Creek Rd. on Buffalo Mtn., Washington Co., TN
          There were two WHIPPOORWILLS singing near the National Forest ATV
trail parking lot last Thursday evening.

SUN 16 APR 2006
     Dalewood Dr. in Central Community, Carter Co., TN
          I watched a singing SCARLET TANAGER and heard a singing
YELLOW-THROATED VIREO near the Betty Range Cliffs.

     Persinger Bridge, Watauga, Carter Co., TN
          Around 15 or so CLIFF SWALLOWS flew out from under the bridge.

     St. John's Pond, Washington Co., TN
          Two SOLITARY SANDPIPERS were on the banks.

MON 17 APR 2006
     Milligan, Carter Co., TN
          Dianne Draper and I heard one CHUCKWILLSWIDOW at Patton-Simmons
Cemetary ( on the road that runs behind Milligan College - I can't remember the
name at the moment.)

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN