[Bristol-Birds] Yellowlegs in Russell County and a reason for caution.

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:09:24 -0700 (PDT)

I went out birding for a few hours this afternoon and found a group of 14
Yellowlegs. I found 2 Lessers at Stuarts Pond and what I thought was a group of
Greaters at the Mudhole at Elk Garden. I found out later that there were Lesser
Yellowlegs mixed in this group. The reason I cannot be more specific is in the
last photo in the series I have attached. This rather large bull and a few of
his rodeo bull buddies were standing just on the other side of the Yellowlegs.
I went through the gate and into the pasture just far enough that I calculated
I could run back to the gate before they could catch me. I also flushed a group
of 5 or 6 Wilsons Snipe while I hurried back to the gate. The photos are on
pbase at:
 http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/mudhole

Tom
Tom & Laverne Hunter