[Bristol-Birds] Yellow-crowned Night Herons

  • From: Rick Phillips <sunfish0501@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 11:04:08 -0400

There are at least three pairs of Yellow-crowned Night Herons at old nests
on Tranbarger Drive in north Kingsport this morning (04/05/09) and one extra
bird alone.  This colony is on private property and the road in this area
has no shoulder and there is no place to park.  Also there is a blind curve
just past the colony where cars routinely travel at high speed.  Not
recommended to walk on this section of Tranbarger Drive.  I usually look and
count as I drive by, but even then you need to be very careful.

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee