[Bristol-Birds] Yard Birds

  • From: Anita Huffman <housewren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:24:37 -0400

Neat photos! We had a female purple finch today too.

Other yard birds included 7 bluebirds, 4 blue-headed vireos, two male and two female golden-crowned kinglets interacting with raised "crests", 2 ruby-crowned kinglets interacting with the golden-crowns, a black-throated blue warbler, two yellow-bellied sapsuckers, great blue heron, rose-breasted grosbeak, mockingbird (don't laugh...we only see a mockingbird in the fall during berry time and then usually only once or twice. This one has been here for a couple of days.)And of course, the Connecticut warbler.

Anita Huffman
Rubgy, VA

Herdfanmark@xxxxxxx wrote:
Greetings,
                I counted 3 purple finches around the yard today.
One even had some bling !! Good Birding
Mark Mullins
Claytor lake, Va

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsite=706&PHPSESSID=b2eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

Nature Calendar for NE TN / SW VA:
http://www.google.com:80/calendar/embed?src=eHlvbjQyQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ

Bristol Bird Club to facilitate communications between birders and bird clubs of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee. --------------------------------------------------