[Bristol-Birds] Wood Thrush

  • From: Michele Sparks <navigate48@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 21:44:02 -0400

Sullivan County

Kingsport, TN

Leaving a homebound student about 8PM tonight, I veered off Fall branch Rd in
Kingsport on Old Fall Branch Road. I stopped to listen in the rain to the
liquid song of a Wood Thrush:

Wood Thrush 1

Eastern Towee 2

Eastern Phoebe 2

Other "on the way to work" and "on the way home" birds today in Kingsport, TN,
Sullivan County:

Eastern Meadowlark 3 (over the field across from Indian Springs Elementary)

Brown Thrasher 2, (FOY April 27) sighted again May 5, and today with mate, May
6 (foraging in our butterfly garden)

Yesterday, my students were delighted to have our FOS Hummer

If interested, pictures are available:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73353382@N00/page1/

Michele Sparks
Indian Springs Elementary