[Bristol-Birds] Wildlife Weekend at Steele Creek Park,

  • From: Christopher J O'Bryan <snakeboy85@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:34:35 -0400

Fellow Naturalists,
   Here is the list of events at the upcoming Wildlife Weekend this
Saturday (10/16),

9:00AM-7:00PM   Exhibit Area- Organizations include Friends of Steele
Creek Park, Tennessee
                     Wildlife Resources Agency, The Nature Conservancy ,
The Bristol Bird Club, The
                     Sierra Club, and others- Located in the Lodge.

8:00-9:00Am Bird Hike-Rack Cross of the Bristol Bird Club will lead this
hike to see what kind
                      of avian activity we can uncover. Bring binoculars.

9:30-10:30Am Bird Banding- Richard Lewis of the Bristol Bird Club will be
catching and banding
                      birds. come by and see what we can catch.

11:00AM-12:00PM Donation Recognition- Elliott and Carl Moore will be
recognized for their
                        generous donation of land to the park.

12:00-12:45PM     Lunch for the presenters, exhibitors, and volunteers
will be served by the Friends of
                          Steele Creek Park.

1:00-2:00PM     Tree Walk- Come along as Dr. Richard Moyer of King
College educates us on the
                      importance of large trees to our environment. They
are habitat for many creatures.

2:00-3:00PM     Wildlife Identification- Shawn Reece of TWRA will do a
program on identifying
                     Tennessee wildlife using the clues they leave
behind. Children will enjoy this.

3:30-4:30PM     Wildlife Emergencies- Geri Wynn of Wynn*Wood Wildlife
Rehab will show us
                      what to do during wildlife emergencies. Geri is a
state and federally licensed
                      rehabilitator. She will bring some current animal
clients.

5:00-6:00PM   Break time to go eat some dinner.

6:30-7:30PM    Turtle Presentation- Chris O'Bryan, a Junior Naturalist at
the park, will be
                      presenting his research on the Eastern Spiny
Softshell Turtle, which he has been
                      conducting here in our lake.

8:00-9:00PM    Campfire Tales-The Tale Tellers from ETSU will be sharing
some great tales by the
                         campfire. Bring a friend and a blanket.

9:00-10:00PM   Astronomy- Mark Marquette will be giving us a better look
at our universe.
                         Telescopes will be provided. What can you
discover?

                                          Chris O'Bryan
                                        Piney Flats, TN