[Bristol-Birds] Re: Whitetop / Weir Dam / Musick's

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:35:29 -0500

The following message is a forward from Ed Talbott in response to my question.
I had a single male Common Goldeneye at Middlebrook Lake, Bristol, Sullivan
Co., TN, Friday, 13 Feb. --  Wallace Coffey, Bristol, TN

Wallace,

......Their were 9 Common Goldeneye.  It was a very long look through the scope
- 1 males and 8 females.  I could see some field marks on the male but the
females all I could tell was a brown head, gray body, with some white showing
through at the secondaries for the females which would tend to rule out scaup.
I would say I'm only about 90% confident with the call as the viewing
conditions were not good.  They were out from the far bank looking into
Virginia - just below the park/campers.

Ed