[Bristol-Birds] Whitetop Field trip

  • From: "Dave Worley" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:20:27 -0400

We had a total of 4 people show up for the trip.  Mark Mullins, his 10 year old
son Jeremiah and Diana and myself.  Mark is from the Claytor Lake area.

The fog was so thick that visibility was limited, temp was 52 degrees with a
strong wind.

We decided to forego the hike and instead went to Grayson Highlands State Park.

We checked out the visitors center and hiked the trail up from Massie Gap.  We
saw very few birds, but did find the ponies.

Called it a day at 3 pm.

Diana and I had a great time with Mark and Jeremiah.

Dave Worley
Rosedale, Va