[Bristol-Birds] Whitetop Creek Park

  • From: Michele Sparks <navigate48@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:58:46 -0400

Correction:Rick Knight pointed out to me that my April 3rd posting/photo of the
7 Red-breasted Mergansers wereactually female Hooded Mergansers. I originally
wrote down Hooded Mergansers in my journal, but after studying themale in the
creek with the females and returning home to compare a male non-breeding Hooded
with a male non-breeding Red-breasted,I concluded they were Red-breasted based
on internet comparison photos and my Sibleys. This was a tricky ID for me! Any
suggestions tohelp sort them out in the future are welcome.

Michele Sparks
Bluff City