[Bristol-Birds] White-rumped/Bobolink

  • From: Robert Biller <earedgrebe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:00:43 -0400

Yesterday (6/9/09) around 4:30, Nora Schubert and I (Rob Biller) found the
White-rumped Sandpiper at "Bush Hog Pond" that Rick Knight reported earlier
yesterday. We found it on the left side of the pond and followed it as it
flew to the right (near) side. For the time of day we were there, the right
(near) side was the best place to view it and we had good looks.

We also found a single Bobolink in the fence line where Charlie Carson Road
curves hard right (west of Thompson Lane). Charlie Carson Road is just off
Hwy 107 - between Jonesborough and the Greene County line in western
Washington County.

Sorry for the late report.

Rob Biller
Elizabethton, TN