[Bristol-Birds] White-rumped, Sanderlings, etc, Austin Springs, Oct 30, 2011

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 20:13:11 -0700 (PDT)

I returned in the afternoon with my canoe after birding with Mike Sanders and
co in the morning.  I observed a juv White-rumped Sandpiper (slightly smaller
than Dunlin, larger than Least, long wings, bi-colored/slightly curved bill,
dark legs, white eye line, rusty scapulars). Otherwise, birds not observed this
morning included 4 Sanderling, 4 Bonys, a Pec, a Lesser Yellowlegs, 6 Pintail,
and a Com Loon.  There were at least 39 Dunlin.