[Bristol-Birds] White-eyed Vireo, Orange-crowned Warbler, Lark Sparrow on CBC

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:03:16 -0800 (PST)

While participating in the Kingsport, TN CBC with Mike Sanders and Gary Cooper
we had a remarkable group of sightings in the same area. We were walking the
path along the river below Patrick Henry Dam when we saw an Orange-crowned
Warbler. Less than 100 feet further down the trail we came upon the Lark
Sparrow hiding in the grass. I had managed to take a photo of the
Orange-crowned Warbler but the Lark Sparrow was hidden in the grass and I
missed it.
We came back later in the afternoon to try to get a photo of the Lark Sparrow
but were unsuccesful. However, we did manage to find and photograph a
White-eyed Vireo. In fact there were 2 feeding in the same area of the other 2
birds. I have posted ID photos of the warbler and vireo at the following:

   http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/kingsport_cbc

Tom

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club