[Bristol-Birds] White Top Mountain/Grayson Highlands Field Trip

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 21:24:45 EDT

The Birstol Bird Club will be visiting White top Mountain and, hopefully,
Grayson Highlands on Saturday, June 27.  Among the birds that may be found
this time of year are: Wild Turkey, Ruffed Grouse, Alder and Willow
Flycatchers, Red-eyed Vireo, Blue-headed Vireo, Winter Wren, Common Raven,
Veery,
Hermit Thrush, Wood Thrush, Swainson's Thrush, Black-capped Chickadee, Brown
Creeper, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Ovenbird,
Black-and-White Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Black-throated Green
Warbler,
Canada Warbler, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Blackburnian Warbler,
Scarlet Tanager, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Vesper Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco and
"possible" Red Crossbill and Northern Saw-Whet Owl.  The pecise plans are
not yet in place but will be by Wednesday.  Basically, we will car pool at a
place to be determined off I 81 in Virgina near Abingdon.  This will be in
the early A.M. People should bring their own food and drink for lunch.  We
will be back at I 81 by about 5 p.m.  Exact times and car pooling site location
will be posted by Wednesday evening.  I will be going on the trip but the
delay is for the "OK" from the potential field leader.
John Moyle        Glen Alpine Road           Kingsport/Sullivan County

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2
easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323000x1201367220/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&
bcd=JunestepsfooterNO62)