[Bristol-Birds] Re: White Ibises in Northeast TN

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:59:13 -0400

There has been a record of White Ibis between this recent sighting and the one
in 1990. In 2000, a small flock of White Ibis was found in Carter County, TN.
They were seen by several birders, including myself. I think the sighting took
place in July of 2000. They were first spotted by some residents along the
Watauga River near the iron bridge that spans the river on the road toward
Wilbur Lake. I'm sure others out there have better details, but I thought I'd
post this reminder.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN