[Bristol-Birds] White Fronted Goose

  • From: "Wilma Boy" <w_boy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:19:14 -0500

Today Lois Cox and I checked out the nest of the Great Horned Owl near Hulls
Chapel UMC on DeVault Bridge Road.  The mother left the nest soon after we got
in sight and we saw one chick.

As we were returning home, we stopped at the Bluff City Park near the bridge.
In addition to the usual Pigeons, Mallards, Muscoveys, and Canada Geese we saw
one Greater White-fronted Goose.  It was with the Canadas.

Since March 2, I have been seeing a female Red-bellied Woodpecker daily at my
birdfeeder.  She comes to the suit cake I have there.

Wilma Boy
w_boy@xxxxxxxx