[Bristol-Birds] Weir Dam at South Holston

  • From: Jacob Job <zjrj5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TN Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 11:16:16 -0700 (PDT)

Wonderful morning filled with bird song this morning!  Arrived at the dam very
early and was immediately greeted with a singing Ruby-crowned kinglet.  Other
highlights included:

  2 female Hooded Mergansers
  Buffleheads
  Mallards
  Turkey Vulture
  Mourning Dove
  Belted kingfisher
  Red-bellied Woodpecker
  Northern Flicker
  Pileated Woodpecker
  Eastern Phoebe
  Blue Jay
  American Crow
  Carolina Chickadee
  Tufted Titmouse
  Carolina Wren
  Winter Wren
  Golden-crowned Kinglet
  Eastern Bluebird
  Hermit Thrush-Singing
  American Robin
  Northern Mockingbird
  Cedar Waxwing
  European Starling
  Yellow-rumped Warbler
  Yellow-throated Warbler-Very good good looks and beautiful song
  Northern Cardinal
  Song Sparrow
  White-throated Sparrow
  Eastern Towhee
  American Goldfinch
  House Finch

  I plan on being out there somewhere near daybreak recording on Tuesday.
Hopefully I will get some good recordings!!

  Jacob Job
  Johnson City, TN
  ETSU

countries) for 2¢/min or less.