[Bristol-Birds] Weather Outlook Burke's Garden Field Trip

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:59:36 -0500

WEATHER OUTLOOK

Bristol Bird Club's

16th Annual

Burke's Garden Golden Eagle Field Trip

Saturday, February 18th,  2006

Friday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around
25. North wind between 5 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: A chance of snow, mainly after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high around
32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

As of today (2/15), there is no forecast for snow accumulation.

You are invited to join members of the BBC for one of the region's most
anticipated annual field trips.  For nearly two decades our birders have made
this exciting day trip to Burke's Garden to search for Golden Eagles and
Rough-legged Hawks.  In addition we often see wintering Red-headed Woodpeckers,
Horned Larks and waterfowl.  Throw in several gorgeous Fox Squirrels and the
beauty of this great valley and you have a day afield equal to none other in
the region.  Here is birding in this almost volcano-like valley, surrounded by
high mountains with northern spruce.  You and fellow birders will go afield at
3,000 feet in the Allegheney Mountains.  We buy our lunch at a country store
and visit a U.S. Post Office that is lost in a time warp.

Let's go birding.....

JPEG image

JPEG image