[Bristol-Birds] Waterfowl, shorebirds, etc. (Greene Co., TN)

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:54:33 -0400 (EDT)

March 20, 2010

Greene County: Wal-Mart Distribution Center, Joachim Bible Refuge unit of Lick
Creek Bottoms Wildlife Management Area, and various other sites in the western
portion of the county

Observers: about 25 individuals from the Bristol Bird Club and the Greeneville
chapter of TOS

Two regional bird clubs joined today for a trip to some of Greene County's
hotspots. The trip list follows. (If I've left anything out, I would gladly
welcome a correction from anyone present on the trip.)
Thanks to all for a fine day in the field.

Canada Goose
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Mallard
Blue-winged Teal
Northern Shoveler
Green-winged Teal
Ring-necked Duck
Hooded Merganser
Great Blue Heron
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Northern Harrier
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
American Coot
Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs
Pectoral Sandpiper
Wilson's Snipe
Ring-billed Gull
Rock Pigeon
Eurasian Collared-Dove (including one bird gathering nesting material)
Mourning Dove
Barn Owl
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker