[Bristol-Birds] Re: Waterfowl fallout

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 19:49:30 -0500

Hi Anita,
I fully agree with you about Glen Eller's 52 Common Loons being a lot of loons.
Northeast Tennessee has amazing waterfowl areas. Boone Lake has had 500 loons
at one time and so has South Holston. Large numbers of waterfowl falling out
to our lakes and rivers under special weather influences produces exciting
birding. It is good to have you in here with us. We value your thoughts as we
do everyone else.

Wallace Coffey

@freelists.org [mailto:bristol-birds-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Anita
Huffman
Sent: Tuesday, December 1, 2015 7:11 PM
To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Waterfowl fallout

That is a lot of Loons!
Anita

On 12/01/2015 03:12 PM, Glen Eller wrote:

Today Dec. 1st, on Hemlock Park Drive, which is downstream from
Patrick Henry Dam, I had a modest fallout of waterfowl. I had a large
number of Common Loons-52; Ruddy Ducks-29; Horned Grebe-17; Redhead
Duck-19; Ring-neck Duck-28; Wiegon-12; Pied-bill Grebe-5 and
Ring-billed Gull-3. This is the largest number of Common Loons I have
seen at one time, I looked carefully for a Red-throated to no avail
but there were a couple of the Loons in summer plumage.

Glen Eller
Kingsport

--
The perfect perennial at affordable prices!
www.laurelhillnursery.com

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE
HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsite=706&PHPSESSID=b2eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

This is a regional birding list to facilitate communications between birders of
Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee.
Subject field.
Wallace Coffey, Owner Moderator
jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx

http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID�eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85