[Bristol-Birds] Waterfowl - Russell County

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:56:43 -0800 (PST)

Since it was a day fit only for ducks, I went looking
for waterfowl. Did alright.

2 American Black Ducks - Little River at Clifton
2 Hooded Mergansers - Stuarts Pond
2 Wood Ducks - Mudhole at Elk Garden
2 Northern Pintails - Mudhole at Elk Garden
100+ Mallards - Mudhole at Elk Garden
25 - Canada Geese - Various Locations Above.

Also:

6 Wilsons Snipe - Forty Foot Bridge Elk Garden
12 Killdeer - Elk Garden

Others of note-

3 Red-tailed Hawks
1 Red-shouldered Hawk
1 Coopers Hawk
3 Great Blue Herons
15 Common Ravens
2 American Kestrels
1 Loggerhead Shrike

At the feeder today:
4 Purple Finch
1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
1 Fox Sparrow
Also we heard cedar Waxwings in the woods bhind the house.

Tom & Laverne Hunter

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.