[Bristol-Birds] Water areas in Sullivan Co

  • From: Michael Sanders <hawk036@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Birdclub <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birdclub <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 13:54:35 -0500

Checked a couple of spots, large raft seen from the dam near Cliff Island. Took
a short trip by boat to ID them. I was trying to ID two sleeping birds that
looked like Scoters, but a boat busted up the group before I could get a ID.
Watched two eagles dive bombing a small “codgery" of coots. A poor quality
photo can be seen here if interested.

http://www.msandersphotography.com/ebird/h697A6F3E#h697a6f3e
<http://www.msandersphotography.com/ebird/h697A6F3E#h697a6f3e>

Musick's Campground
Dec 1, 2015

25 Bufflehead
5 Red-breasted Merganser
56 Ruddy Duck
1 Common Loon
7 Pied-billed Grebe
4 Horned Grebe
1 Great Blue Heron
6 Bonaparte's Gull
2 American Crow
6 White-crowned Sparrow
1 White-throated Sparrow
5 Northern Cardinal
10 House Finch
4 House Sparrow

Number of Taxa: 14

Cliff Island on South Holston Lake
Dec 1, 2015

14 Blue-winged Teal -- Not rare for this time of year.
35 Redhead
16 Ring-necked Duck
20 Lesser Scaup
20 Bufflehead