[Bristol-Birds] Washington and Sullivan County Birding

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:36:31 -0400

Gil Derouen and I spent the morning birding the area--some of the results
follow:

Winged Deer Park, Johnson City
It was cold and a bit rainy--we saw a quite a few birds, but no migrants,
warblers, vireos, tanagers or orioles.  We crossed paths with Gary Wallace and
a bus load of students as we were leaving--hope they saw more than we did.

Austin Springs, Washington County
Osprey            3, including seeing one catch a good-sized fish
Blue-winged Teal       18
Northern Shoveler         2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher        2
Greater yellowlegs             7

Musick's Campground, Sullivan County
Common Loon           1
D. C. Cormorant         2
Coot                          1
Greater Yellowlegs      5
Lesser Yellowlegs       3
Red-breasted Mergansers           7
Ring-billed Gull                         70
Bonaparte's Gull                        5

Paddle Creek, Sullivan County
Wood Duck                   2
Osprey                          1
Solitary Sandpiper          1