[Bristol-Birds] Warriors Path Vultures

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:51:46 -0500 (EST)

Today, Jan 19, I drove by Warriors Path Lake on my way home and found the
largest concentration of Black Vultures I have seen in this immediate area.
There were 150-200 birds in the cove beside the roadway crossover to the
island, another 50-75 on further down by the boat launch area and another
75-100 in the trees at the upper parking lot road.  I often see lots of Black
Vultures in this area but never as many as I saw today.

Also seen on the lake were 20-25 Ring-billed Gulls, 3 Pied-billed Grebes, 1
Great Blue Heron, 5 Canada Geese and 15 Mallards.

At the Patrick Henry Dam overlook there were 3 Great Blue Herons standing on
top of the nests below the dam.

On Jackson Road just south of Fordtown Road had a Shrike in the area that one
usually hangs out off and on.

Glen Eller