[Bristol-Birds] Warbling Vireo, Warblers and Broad-winged on Compton Mt

  • From: Roger Mayhorn <rogermayhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 20:54:27 -0700 (PDT)

Area Birders,
  A couple  of days ago a Broad-winged Hawk came to the edge of the woods near
the yard and perched for a few minutes before returning to better cover.
  Yesterday, the second Warbling Vireo I have ever recorded here on Compton Mt
fed in the trees here in the yard for about 15 minutes. There were possibly
two, but there were also a couple of Red-eyed Vireos darting about, so I had
trouble sighting two Warbling Vireos at the same time. The previous Warbling
Vireo sighting here was 10/10/02.
  Today a Yellow-billed Cuckoo was feeding in the walnut trees in the back yard.

  In the last couple of days the following species have been passing through:
  American Redstarts (females)
  Black-and-white Warblers (males)
  Blackburnian Warblers (males and females)
  Black-throated Green Warblers (males and females)
  Blue-winged Warbler (male)
  Chestnut-sided Warblers (1male, 3 females)
  Hooded Warbler (male)
  Magnolia Warblers (males and females)
  Tennessee Warblers
  Worm eating Warblers
  Yellow-throated Warblers

  Blue-gray Gnatcatchers
  Brown Thrashers
  Northern Flickers (males and females)
  Orchard Oriole (female)
  Pileated Woodpecker
  Red-eyed Vireos
  Ruby-throated Hummingbirds
  Scarlet Tanagers
  Warbling Vireo

  Also in the yard:
  Eastern Chipmunk 2
  Eastern Cottontails 3
  White-tailed Deer 3 ( 1 doe and 2 fawns - feeding on fallen apples)

  Roger Mayhorn
  Compton Mt
  Buchanan County