[bristol-birds] Re: Warblers in Buch. Co. VA

  • From: "TH Cumbie" <thcumbie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:29:10 -0400

Greetings from Buladean,

I am impressed with this spring migration information.    When Wallace
referred to the elevation, wouldn't another factor that causes migrants to
swing toward a lower elevation area be the vegetation and insect life that
goes  with a lower elevation?  Trees leaf out two weeks earlier in Johnson
City than they do in Buladean. Buladean shows an elevation of 2800 feet on
the map.

I have occassionally had huge migrant fall outs in the fall in my yard and
the fields around me.  But have not witnessed that in the spring.

Thelma Hughes Cumbie
Mitchell County NC