[Bristol-Birds] Warblers, etc.--Dry Creek Rd., rich Mtn.

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 16:58:43 -0400

Gil Derouen, Jim Anderson, Charles Moore, and I birded Dry Creek Rd and checked Rich Mtn today. Summary:

Saw and heard the Fish Crows at the Veterans' Administration grounds in Johnson City

Warblers and other birds seemed quiet this morning--not singing enthusiastically and generally not very active or visible.
We did manage to see most of the species we have seen there in the past 2 weeks and we briefly heard a Barred Owl.
Blue-headed Vireo
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Louisiana Waterthrush
Northern Parula
Hooded Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Ovenbird
Worm-eating Warbler

We finally checked Graveyard Hill Rd and Rich Mtn.
At Graveyard Hill Rd, only a Chipping Sparrow
Rich Mtn: Good views of a singing Prairie Warbler and we heard a Yellow-throated Vireo

Roy Knispel
Johnson City

begin:vcard
fn:Roy Knispel