[Bristol-Birds] Warblers and Thrushes

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 00:14:51 -0400

Area Birders,
Five species of warblers and four species of thrushes (including Robins and
Bluebirds) were part of the several species feeding through the last couple
of days, here on Compton Mountain in Buchanan County.

A COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, HOODED WARBLER, PALM WARBLER, TENNESSEE WARBLER and
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER were the warblers observed. One Palm Warbler fed in
the grass and hopped closer and closer as I clicked away with the digital
camera. Its chest was wet from the morning dew.Click here to see it.
http://www.bcplnet.org/birdclub/gallery/PalmWar1.htm

SWAINSON'S THRUSH, and WOOD THRUSH were  two of the thrush species noted. An
EASTERN BLUEBIRD became a ham in front of the camera,
http://www.bcplnet.org/birdclub/gallery/EBluebird.htm  and two BLUE-HEADED
VIREOS called to each other as one peeked at me from among the branches as I
took photos. http://www.bcplnet.org/birdclub/gallery/BHVireo4.htm

CHIPPING SPARROW numbers increased to 16 in the yard, and a couple of
ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAKS made an appearance.

Following is the complete list.

Roger Mayhorn
Grundy, VA
Buchanan County