[Bristol-Birds] Warblers, Vireos and Hummer

  • From: "Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:41:49 -0400

Area Birders,
While working the bluebird trail this morning here on Compton Mt, I was treated
to the songs of YELLOW WARBLERS, YELLOW-THROATED WARBLERS, a HOODED WARBLER,
BLUE-HEADED VIREOS, a WHITE-EYED VIREO, EASTERN BLUEBIRDS, TREE SWALLOWS,
NORTHERN CARDINALS, dozens of CHIPPING SPARROWS, EASTERN TOWHEES, BLUE-GRAY
GNATCATCHERS and BROWN THRASHERS. A couple of the Blue-headeds had me going for
a few moments. One sounded like a Warbling Vireo and another like a Red-eyed.
We had our first RUBY-THROAT at the feeders today. This is later than usual for
us. We normally have the first one by the 15th.
Enjoy the Birds,

Roger Mayhorn
Compton Mt
Buchanan County