[Bristol-Birds] VA Beach birds

  • From: "Richard Kretz" <kretz9446@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:41:45 -0500

Folks,
While at a conference in Williamsburg this weekend I managed to squeeze in some
birding - the opportunity being too good to pass up. Birded the restaurant pier
of the CBB&T and Back Bay NWR and was able to obtain a few life birds. Some of
the more interesting finds included:
  a.. Ring-Billed Gull
  b.. Herring Gull
  c.. Laughing Gull
  d.. Great Black-Backed Gull (LB)
  e.. Lesser Black-Backed Gull (LB)
  f.. Ruddy Turnstone
  g.. Purple Sandpiper (LB)
  h.. Black-Bellied Plover (LB)
  i.. Dunlin (LB)
  j.. Greater Scaup (LB)
  k.. Sanderling
  l.. Double-Crested Cormorant
  m.. Great Blue Heron
  n.. Great Egret
  o.. Ruby-Crowned Kinglet
  p.. Savannah Sparrow
  q.. Yellow-Rumped Warbler
Photos can be viewed on my website at:
http://www.pbase.com/rkretz/recent_bird_photos&page=all. If any of the birds
are incorrectly identified please let me know.

Meanwhile, still seeing good activity in the yard here in Elk Garden. So far
today have had visits from: Song Sparrow, Savannah Sparrow, Chipping Sparrow,
Fox Sparrow, White-Crowned Sparrow, White Throated Sparrow, Eastern Towhee
(male), Tufted Titmouse, White-Breasted Nuthatch, Carolina Chickadee,
Goldfinch, House Finch, Carolina Wren, Blue Jay, Northern Cardinal, Mourning
Dove, American Crow, Common Grackle, Red-Winged Blackbird, European Starling,
Red-Bellied Woodpecker, Pileated Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker, etc...

Enjoy the birds...
Richard Kretz
Elk Garden, Russell Co., VA