[Bristol-Birds] Upcoming Trip to Hiwassee

  • From: jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:31:49 -0500

Hello birders!  The Bristol Bird Club has a scheduled field trip for Saturday,
January 23 to the Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge.  We will meet at 7:00 a.m. at the
Ingle's Parking lot in Colonial Heights for carpooling.  Our last two visits to
Hiwassee produced the following species:  Snow Goose, Canada Goose, Gadwall,
American Black Duck, Mallard, Northern Pintail, Green-winged Teal, Canvasback,
Ring-necked Duck, Bufflehead, Hooded Merganser, Ruddy Duck, Double-crested
Cormorant, Great Blue Heron, Black Vulture, Turkey Vulture, Bald Eagle,
Northern harrier, Red-shouldered hawk, Red-tailed Hawk, American Kestrel,
Sandhill Cranes (thousands), Killdeer, Spotted Sandpiper, Solitary Sandpiper,
Bonaparte's Gulls, Ringed-billed Gulls, Rock Pigeon, Mourning Dove, Belted
Kingfisher, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Downy woodpecker, Pileated Woodpecker, Blue
Jay, American Crow, Carolina Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Wren,
Golden-crowned Kinglet, Eastern Bluebird, American Robin, Northern Mockingbird,
European Starliing, Cedar Waxwing, Eastern Towhee, Field Sparrow, Song Sparrow,
White-throated Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco, Northern Cardinal, House Sparrow.  You
should plan on bringing lunch and drinks.  We will return by 6 p.m.  If you
plan to attend, please send me an email or call me by Friday evening.  Home
phone is: 423-349-6440.  I am looking forward to seeing you and lots of good
birds, including (possibly) Whooping Crane. Next trip: Saturday, February 6 to
South Holston Lake and Weir Dam.

John  Moyle                                  Glen Alpine Road
                  Kingsport/Sullivan County