[Bristol-Birds] Upcoming Field Trips

  • From: JPMOYLE18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:30:53 EDT

Saturday, 9/27:  Beginners' field trip to Bays Mountain.  Though the focus
will be on identification, not numbers, all intereested people are welcome.  We
are in the midst of the fall migration and surprises are always possible.  We
will meet at  8 a.m. at the Eastman Parking Lot at the base of the mountain.
We will then bird up forested trails along the mountain slope, ending at about
10:30.  Directions:  Follow Reservoir to the Bays Mountain entrance road.  As
you head toward the Nature Center, the road will fork, the left branch goes
up to the Center, and the right fork goes to the parking lot where we will
meet.  We will meet outside the fence by the picnic area.

Friday, Oct. 10 - Sunday, Oct 12:  The Outer Banks, North Carolina.  This is
a great trip to the Atlantic Coast for shore birds, waders and pelagic
species.  We will stay at the Comfort Inn on Hatteras Island at a discount rate
(only
3 rooms remain).  If you do not sign up before October 5, I will be
cancelling any unfilled rooms.  On Saturday, October 11 (or Sunday, Oct. 12
depending
on the weather) we will be on an all day pelagic trip to , or near, the Gulf
Stream.  On Friday (late afternoon and early evening) we will be birding
Hatteras Island.  We will resume this on Saturday or Sunday, depending on the
day of
the pelagic trip, and early Monday morning.  We will begin our return to
Tri-Cities about noon on Monday.  Those birders who need to arrive later or
leave
earlier are welcome!   This is a prime time at a fantastic birding paradise.
If you wish to join us or get more info,  contact John Moyle at 423-349-6440 or
jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx

John Moyle        Glen Alpine Road           Kingsport, Sullivan County

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges?
Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.