[Bristol-Birds] Re: Unknown long leg bird

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:42:07 -0400

 Mike Sanders and I searched the river channels on both sides of
Osceola Island for about 30 minutes just before dark this evening to
attempt to located Gail Williams' sub-adult White Ibis.  We did not
locate the ibis or geese.  Mike walked the trail on the far side and
carried his scope.  I searched the main front side channel from the road
bridge to the discharge gates at the dam.  When we arrived, TVA
had begun to generate and the cold water of the river flow was starting
to raise a low fog over the surface.  The bird may still be in the area
Thursday.  Thanks for the post, Gail.

Let's go birding. . . . .