[Bristol-Birds] Unicoi County Birds

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:11:33 -0400

I had a Northern Waterthrush at the linear trail (the section in the Industrial
Park) in Erwin, TN, on Thursday, Sept. 23. The flooding from two recent
hurricanes has left plenty of stagnant pools and mud in their wake along the
trails, so this should be good habitat for other migrating waterthrushes.

The Green-winged Teal is still hanging out in the concrete lagoon near the pond
at Erwin Fishery Park. Other migrants in this area included Eastern Wood-Pewee
and American Redstart.

I had three Wild Turkeys in the field at Bell Cemetery in Limestone Cove in
Unicoi County. These are the first turkeys I've seen there this fall, although
it is a reliable location to see turkeys during the winter.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN