[Bristol-Birds] Unicoi Co. birding

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 08:27:04 -0400 (EDT)

I am sending this e-mail since Roy Knisple's Charter e-mail system is still on
the blink after Thursdays storm.  He and I had a very successful trip up the
Forest Service Road just off the Bumpass Cove Road in Unicoi Co. on Friday (Jun
12).  We found singing and feeding Prairie Warblers, Yellow-throated Vireos,
Black-throated Green and Hooded Warblers, Broad-winged Hawks and lots of Indigo
Buntings.  After returning back to Bumpass Cove Road we took a small detour on
Graveyard Hill road and found at least 2 singing Kentucky Warblers.

Roy says to not forget the Owl Prowl tonight. led by Joe and Kim.

Glen Eller
Fall Branch