[Bristol-Birds] Unaka Mtn portion of the Unicoi County summer count

  • From: Richard Lewis <mountainbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 20:39:46 -0400

Glen Eller, Pete Range, Rick Blanton and myself did the Unaka Mtn and Rock
Creek Park portion of today's Unicoi County summer count. The birds were
rather quite but we did get good numbers of some of the better species.
It was getting hot by the time we got to Rock Creek park so we didn't get
much there.

We had 47 species total. Here are the highlights:

Ruffed Grouse 2 (1 hen and 1 chick)
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
Least Flycatcher 4
Raven 3
Red-breasted Nuthatch 6
Winter Wren 3
Golden-crowned Kinglet 6
Verry 17
Hermit Thrush 2 (in the spruce at the summit)
Magnolia Warbler 8
Blackburnian Warbler 3
Chestnut-sided Warbler 8
Black-throated Blue Warbler 15
Black-throated Green Warbler 10
Canada Warbler 17
Red Crossbill 12 (3 at Rattlesnake Ridge, 12 at the overlook)

Richard Lewis