[Bristol-Birds] Unaka Mountain Warblers

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 22:18:09 -0400

Reece Jamerson, Kathy Noblet and I birded Unaka Mtn this morning.

Highlights started on the way to Red Fork Rd.:

Cape May Warblers     3  at the Noblet Residence

a pair of Orchard Orioles at Anderson Marsh
one or two pair of Kingbirds at Anderson Marsh

Here is the complete list of birds we had at Unaka Mountain and Beauty Spot
Turkey Vulture                     2
Broad-winged Hawk          3
N. Flicker                             1
Acadian Flycatcher            2
Red-eyed Vireo                  2
Blue-headed Vireo             4
Blue Jay                               2
C. Chickadee                      1
Tufted Titmouse                   1
Red-breasted Nuthatch      2
Wood Thrush                       3
Robin                                    4
Ovenbird                              9
Hooded Warbler                  4
Black-and-white Warbler    2
Chestnut-sided Warbler     6
Magnolia Warbler               4
Canada Warbler                11
Palm Warbler                       1
Black-throated Blue Warbler      16
Black-throated Green Warbler     3
Scarlet Tanager                   2
Catblrd                                  7
Towhee                                 7
Indigo Bunting                      1
Song Sparrow                      1
Junco                                   10
Goldfinch                               1

Kathy has already posted some excellent pictures of some of the species we saw.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City

---
is active.