[Bristol-Birds] Trumpeter Swan, et al at Sports Complex

  • From: wwg <wwg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Bird Lists <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:38:01 -0500

Jan. 10 (Friday) 12:30 PM
The Trumpeter Swan was at the pond to the right of the entrance road.
I also walked around the wetland trail and saw the following:
Belted Kingfisher
Eastern Bluebird (4)
Song Sparrow
American Robins (10+)
Kildeer (21+) - in field west of the wetland pond
Northern Mockingbirds (2)
Downy Woodpecker
European Starlings (10+)

Monday, Jan. 6 - Kingsport
Meadowview Marsh and pond on Meadowview Cattails Golf Course
Hooded Mergansers (15)
Mallard (4)
Gadwall (2)
on the sluice along Riverport Road
Gadwall 3
Hooded Merganser (2)

Tuesday Jan. 2 - Hiwassie Wildlife Refuge
Sandhill Cranes (1000+)
Whooping Crane
Snow Goose
Red-tail Hawk
Great Blue Herron (4)
while there, the three parties present were all from upper East
Tennessee. John & Dee Eiklor of Gray and a group from Roan Mtn.

Wallace, just wanted to let you know that I have gotten out of my
backyard!

Bill Grigsby
Kingsport

Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Chapter, Blue Ridge
and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958