[Bristol-Birds] Tree Swallows, Common Mergansers, Etc.

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:43:13 EST

Gilbert Derouen, Reece Jamerson and Bryan Stevens birded on this afternoon
(Tuesday, Feb. 28) at various locations in Washington and Sullivan counties.

At Austin Springs, Wash. Co., we had 17 Tree Swallows, our first for the
season.

At the Weir Dam, Sullivan Co., we saw about the same mix as on previous
visit: three Lesser Scaup, Ring-necked Ducks and Buffleheads.

On Moore Road near the Weir Dam we heard a persistent Pine Warbler, but never
could glimpse the singer.

At Musick's Campground, S. Holston Lake, Sullivan Co., we had 12 Redheads,
six Greater Scaup (drakes) and 6 Ring-necked Ducks. Also one Pied-billed Grebe.

At Middlebrook Lake, Bristol, Sullivan Co., we had four Common Mergansers
(one drake, three hens), four Gadwalls, 13 Ring-necked Ducks, lots of Hooded
Mergansers, Canada Geese, Mallards, some Coots, Great Blue Heron and Belted
Kingfisher.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN