[Bristol-Birds] Today's Bird Walk

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 11:03:03 -0400

Hello Birders!  Today the rain held off and we did have our bird walk at Steele
Creek!  Two young gentlemen from Johnson City and Bristol joined me on the
cloudy but rainless period!  They were Nicholas Lorch and Naphaniel Royce!
They were very good birders and accompaniests!  Our sightings were:  Canada
Geese 80+, Mallards approx. 30, Great Blue Heron 1 (as I was exiting), Killdeer
1, Rock Pigeon 5, Mourning Dove 4, Belted Kingfisher 2, Red-bellied Woodpecker
4, Downy Woodpecker 2, Eastern Phoebe 6, Blue Jay 6, American Crow 6, Carolina
Chickadee 5, Turfted Titmouse 6, White-breasted Nuthatch 3, Carolina Wren 1,
Eastern Bluebird 12, American Robin 1, Northern Mockingbird 2, European
Starling 7, Pine Warbler 20, Yellow-rumped Warbler 6, Chipping Sparrow 6, Song
Sparrow 8, Northern Cardinal 2, Rose-breasted Grosbeak 2, Brown-headed Cowbird
1, American Goldfinch 8.  It was not a really productive day, but we did see a
few good birds!  I will post next week's field trip info Sunday or Monday!
John Moyle