[Bristol-Birds] Three (forest) Thrush day - Johnson City, TN

  • From: Andrew Laughlin <pileatus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 21:56:05 -0400

Hello birders -

This afternoon I took a break from studying at ETSU and walked in the
woods on campus. I wanted to hear the Wood Thrushes for a little bit.
I was surprised to hear instead a Swainson's Thrush. A few minutes
later, further down the trail, a Veery popped into view, calling
softly. I did get to hear the Wood Thrush, and on my out I flushed the
Swainson's Thrush and got a good look. It called briefly too. Nice
mid-afternoon break, I'd say!

Andrew Laughlin
and Northeast Tennessee.