[Bristol-Birds] The official word came at 3:42 p.m. Wed. Feb. 8

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 05:19:28 -0500

Dr. Andrew W. Jones

The official word came at 3:42 p.m. today, Wed. Feb. 8.

The faculty committee at the graduate school of the University of Minnesota
signed his thesis for the degree of Doctor of Philosphy.  He has been a student
of the prominent ornithologist, Dr. Robert Zink.  Andy has been a Ph.D.
candidate at the famous Bell Museum of Natural History, Department of Ecology,
Evolution, and Behavior of the University of Minnesota.

The moving van leaves Minnesota, Saturday, Feb. 25, 2006.  Andy and Bill
Grigsby's son will haul his belongings to Ohio that day.

Our Andy Jones will then begin work as Curator of Birds and head of the
Department of Ornithology at The Cleveland Museum of Natural History in
Cleveland, Ohio.

We send our congratulations and expressions of delight to you:

Dr. Jones !

Let's go birding......