[Bristol-Birds] Re: The dreaded Repairman - Greene County Version

  • From: mac942tbr@xxxxxxx
  • To: jxlemaster@xxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 20:40:28 -0400

Thanks Roger for this wonderful story.

I had two incidents to relate - the first on Monday.
Heard a huge crash at the window and saw a huge wingspan go past.
It shook the frame and I awaited some glass shattering, but not.
Grabbing my camera I ran out to see if it was a Hawk and still alive.
As I scanned the ground, I heard a noise above in the tree, as indeed a Hawk
of some sort flew off (not sure if he had captured the Mourning Dove he sought).

Then Tuesday as I went up the driveway, I saw another Hawk in a tree.
I believe it was the same one a few minutes later that went after some birds
across the driveway in another tree.  I only got a couple id photos (encl).

A beautiful 8pt buck with its mate also was in the front yard.

Monday night a Luna Moth sat in the front yard tree.  I'm still not sure if a
butterfly or moth should be photographed with the tree or limb straight up,
or the butterfly wingspan straight? so I do both.

Like Roger, seeing these Hawks always amaze me.
Unfortunately, my world turned sour a half-hour later when I accidentally
ran over my new pup.

Nata Jackson
Greeneville, TN
Greene County