[Bristol-Birds] Texas Great Road Runner Siting

  • From: mac942tbr@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 22:08:54 -0400 (EDT)

Guadalupe River South Trail, Canyon Lake, TX 9.11.12

We had prayed/begged? for this siting at our Golf Condo at Rockin'J in San
Antonio
where I had seen one once before.  Nothing, but did enjoy a few light blue
headed pretty
scissortail, bright yellow birds with black heads and some others I need to id.
Our last evening headed to Canyon Lake, we stopped at this nature trail (had a
cute
sign Heart of Texas Wildlife Trail with a picture of a RoadRunner).  Perhaps a
sign from God?
Two nice trail paths but we went in another dirt trail, and there he was right
at the first opening;
he even moved in a bit of light for my photo.  More red than this photo shows
towards the back of his eye.
Heard more sightings over by the Dam.  Great trail, lots of birds but hard to
see for the trees, more for
you all who know the sounds, and few sandpiper-types.

Enjoy,
Nata Jackson
Greeneville, TN