[Bristol-Birds] Texas Birding Trip Write-up

  • From: "Ed Talbott" <etalbott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NRV Birds" <nrvbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Bristol Birders" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 01:25:30 -0400

Bristol & New River Birders,

Michelle and I are back from birding Texas.  We covered a lot of territory
and found some great birds along the way.  The highlights of the trip were
two Magnificent Frigatebirds, the Black-headed Nightingale-Thrush at Pharr,
TX, a Blue Mockingbird, and the Colima Warbler.  My trusty camcorder died
on the banks of the Rio Grande and I haven't figured out how to make video
captures on my new one yet.  For those interested, below is a link to a
detailed write-up and some digital pictures that Michelle made during the
trip.

http://www.grundynet.net/talbott/birding/hikes/Sum04/Texas.htm

This morning we made a 4-mile hike around the mountain in Caney Island
Branch here in Buchanan County, VA.  We found BT-Green, Yellow-throated,
Worm-eating, Cerulean, Hooded, and lots of Kentucky Warblers (around six or
so).

Ed and Michelle Talbott
Grundy, Virginia