[Bristol-Birds] Terns at S. Holston Lake

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 16:09:52 -0400

Reece Jamerson, Gil Derouen, Kathy Noblet, and I birded Austin Springs and Sullivan Cty water areas this morning. A summary will follow in a later post. We saw two Terns far out on S. Holston Lake, viewed from the Dam Overlook. They sat on two of the buoys and flew some, but were too far out for us to be able to confidently identify them. They had black caps and were mostly white--our feeling was that they were Caspian Terns, but we can't be sure.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City

begin:vcard
fn:Roy Knispel