[Bristol-Birds] Swamp Sparrow, Hampton, TN

  • From: ahoodedwarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 08:54:24 -0400

 In a signal for a changing of the guard, I spotted the first Swamp Sparrow so
far this fall at my home on Simerly Creek Road, Hampton, around 7:50 a.m. this
morning (Oct. 7) before leaving for work. The Swamp Sparrow was hanging out
with some Song Sparrows in the cattails near the pond.

Also, last night, still had two Ruby-throated Hummingbirds coming to feeders,
and the blooming Pineapple Sage has made it through the past two cool nights.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN