[Bristol-Birds] Swallows in Kingport / New Heron Rookery

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:44:07 EST

21 Mar 03
Warriors Path State Park
Near Fort Patrick Henry Dam
Rack Cross

Yesterday (20 MAR 03), a NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW gave a solo
performance over the water at the Warrior's Path State Park Marina. No
red-necked grebes to be found.

This morning I noticed a couple of TREE SWALLOWS darting over the pond at
Cattails Golf Course in the Meadowview Conference & Convention Center
complex. Later, at lunch, I was able to visit the Great Blue Heron (GBH)
Rookery found earlier by Mary Erwin and Judy Roach. There were six GBH's in
the area but only three were on nests.

'Til we bird again

Rack Cross
Blountville, TN

Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Chapter, Blue Ridge
and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958