[Bristol-Birds] Re: Swainson's Warbler on Dry Creek Rd.. Washington Co., TN

  • From: John Whinery <fall.branch.tn.bird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 20:56:11 -0400

Last week I was at the Great Dismal Swamp Birding Festival <http://www.fws.gov/refuge/great_dismal_swamp/> in southeast Virginia and I saw a combined (two occasions) dozen or so birders doing their version of a *Life Bird Dance* upon seeing the Swainson's Warbler. Was a first for me too, but I was dance-less.

Pictures of the Swainson's Warbler and an Osprey bringing a limb to the nest of its' mate are attached.

John Whinery
Fall Branch, Tn
Greene County

On 5/1/2014 8:14 PM, Wallace Coffey wrote:

Darrel Wilder had one Swainson's Warbler

Today (Thursday) 1 May 2014 on Dry Creek Rd.,

In the Cherokee National Forest, Washington Co. TN