[Bristol-Birds] Summer Tanager report from Gil Derouen

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:17:11 -0400

I just received the following report from Gil Derouen, Johnson City

Yesterday (Tuesday April 5)  I had a Summer Tanager at my feeder.  While Mary
and I were watching, it flew up onto railing on deck, right in front of the
back door.  A  Cardinal came and chased it and it flew into the door, glanced
off, and flew into neighbor's yard.  About an hour later it returned to feeder.
 Have not seen it since.  According to Rick's book, previous early sighting was
April 19.

forwarded for Gil by
Roy Knispel
Johnson City